At KNB, we are always on the look-out for top talent to join our growing team of skilled communications marketing experts. Whether you are just starting out in your career or a long-time veteran of the industry, we provide an environment to foster your creativity and passion as a member of our dynamic team.
If you are interested in being a part of the KNB team, send us your resume and cover letter to
"Join us as we move minds in healthcare!”
Position: Account Director
Reports to: Senior Vice President
Are you a top-notch writer and communicator who is adept at managing clients and knows how to land a story? If you are also a team player who can build a great strategy plan and is looking for career growth and opportunity, then we are looking for you.
KNB Communications is a health & health tech communications agency located in Stamford, CT. Ideal candidate will be located in tri-state area, but other candidates will be considered. Our mission is to accelerate the growth of health and health tech companies through the power of targeted communications – PR, social, digital. We are looking for an Account Director (AD) 10+ years of experience.
The Account Director is the principle contact between the agency and the client, exercising independent judgment with ultimate responsibility for the client account. The Account Director leads the account team from strategy development to solution delivery, assuring objectives are met and client satisfaction remains high. The Account Director also supervises overall performance for account team members.
- Maintain overall account management and serve as client liaison
- Run weekly client meetings and internal team meetings
- Build strong relationships with key client executives
- Create and manage client expectations
- Lead the development of public relations, social media, digital and overall integrated marketing communications strategies and program execution, exercising independent judgement
- Create tactical plans and timelines that tie to key program strategies and deliverables
- Execute on client deliverables (developing plans, content development, media relations, digital strategy and execution) and assure quality of materials and service
- Serve as primary advisor to client on range of situations from trade shows to product launches, crises, M&As and other day-to-day needs
- Effectively communicate with clients regarding key initiatives and deliverables
- Identify client concerns and take appropriate corrective action
- Provide thought leadership and strategic counsel, grounded in in-depth healthcare industry knowledge and knowledge of clients’ specific businesses
- Ensure profitability and budget goals for accounts are met Support new business pitches and proposals
- Lead team to drive and execute initiatives
- Develop, revise, and edit key documents including: reports, memos, client and media communications, case studies, proposals, letters, emails
- Analyze issues and develop solutions while working in a fast-paced environment
- Provide guidance to junior staff on client communications
- Communicate effectively with SVP re team and client dynamics
- Provide written insights for subordinate reviews.
- 10+ years of public relations and/or integrated marketing communications experience in both an agency and corporate setting (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in the Communications/Public Relations/Marketing fields
- Previous experience in B2B technology (healthcare) public relations/integrated marketing communications preferred
- Management experience
- Proven track record of generating new ideas and opportunities
- Exceptional communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- Knowledge of social and digital media best practices
- Committed to continuous learning, seeking best practices and knowledge of new and emerging communications strategies/tactics and tools
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Can-do attitude
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and effectively organize; manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; to ensure various deadlines are met